An Ode to Freedom.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
photo © lelelerele handmade





As a French citizen, I am very shattered and saddened by the events that happened on Friday, November 13th at night in Paris, France. Terrorists attacked a theather, where a band was playing live, as well as a small restaurant where people were enjoying beverages and the sweet weather with the ones they loved. They attacked everything that is horrible to them: freedom, democracy, the sweet good life that we French love so much. They murdered innocent people who thought it was just a quiet night out, who never thought it will be their last, last night.

I feel sore and empty. As I watch the trees and the fallen leaves on the ground, as I watch beauty surrounding me, as I watch people's pretty smiles in the street, I can't help but ask them "Why?". Please, tell me why. Some people's hate is astounding, it rushes through their veins like some evil poison that they then want to spill all over us, the ones who want to live in peace.

I just want to tell them loud and clear. We will never back down. We will keep on living our lives normally and we will unite altogether, instead of fearing the other because of its religion or nationality. We will keep on writing, dancing, singing, going to football games, loving each other and screaming it out loud, for they will never ever break us down. This horrible event will always remain in our memories and we will honor the ones who lost their lives because of fanatic people. 

In any case, we will keep fighting for peace, and the least that we can do right now, is loving each other. Please Pray For Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS